Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Sniffles

Murphy's Law is at work in the Northern Compound! I was feeling draggy and exhasuted yesterday, which I attributed to stress (ya think????) However, today I woke up with a sinus headache and runny nose. Horrors!!!!

I put a call in to my regular doctor and have an appointment later today (he's the best!) Normally a case of the sniffles wouldn't be any cause for alarm - I'd just go out and get some sort of decongestant and go on about my business. But, with surgery only a week away, I can't take any chances of really getting sick (and therefore being unable to have surgery) or taking something that might interfere with teh anesthesia. So, off to Dr. Casella to find out if he can "fix" me asap!

I'm done asking - "what else can hapen?"

Meanwhile, my parents are busy staining the deck, making repairs at my in-laws house, and looking after their only daughter. They are up for sainthood, along with my husband, who has been running between work, his dad in rehab, his wife having meltdowns, and the other "usual" stuff of life. Purple Hearts for everyone!

How many more days until I'm hooked up to happy drugs????

More later...

1 comment:

  1. CRAZY!!!! Hope you get to feeling better. I got strep throat (from a student-needless to say i didn't get to go back to school!) less than a week before I was to have surgery and they did have to postpone it! :o( I'm sure that won't happen in your case!
    K

    ReplyDelete