Tuesday, April 8, 2008

B Minus 22...

And the countdown continues...

It has turned into a beautiful day in northern NJ. Sunny, low 60's, birds singing, trees budding, etc.

The only slightly jarring note to an otherwise perfect day was when I glanced to the side of our deck and saw a dead rodent laying in the mulch! I observed it for quite a while from a safe distance to make sure it was really dead and not just napping. Yep, dead. Turns out to be a mole - no doubt one of the very same moles that has been tunneling through our backyard for the last year. Ha!

The bosu ball - oh evil blue one - is still sitting in the corner gloating at me. Okay, I am a coach and I really need to get to work on myself concerning this whole bosu ball thing...

Three weeks and a day until Ethel crashes and dies. I am still strangely calm, except when I think about actually having a hole cut into my head. That's still freaky.

Still getting periodic bouts of slight dizziness - seems to coincide with barometric changes, so I suspect it may be as much sinus related as anything else. However, any little thing that happens now raises suspicions and fears. I think everyone who has one of these things worries that theirs will be one that has some sort of major growth spurt. Silly, but that's how the human mind works I guess.

Well, off to contemplate the Bosu ball some more. Maybe I'll start by just putting one foot on it while keeping the other firmly planted on terra firma...

1 comment:

  1. Did you not like my idea for the ball? I love your pictures -- glad I can see you "up close & personal" now!! Sounds like a beautiful day there -- it was nice here yesterday, but I wasn't out too much. I absolutely cannot get sun on my face and I can't wear sunscreen for another couple of days. Honestly, I think I may have done too much (Drug Emporium & Target) yesterday - but I had a wheelchair at both - even an electric one at Target! Make sure you try one of those while your recovering - it is FUN! Today I am having a hard time getting going and I have to go (well, I am) to a thing at my oldest daughter's school! I'll get thru!! Better go get everyone ready for school. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete