Tuesday, April 22, 2008

News from the North Compound

Well, here I am again - and a mere week away from Boogerectomy! Egads!

But enough about brain tumors and such...

Phil was moved to a rehab facility late yesterday (after he insisted in getting out of his hospital bed - unaided!) I went to visit him this morning and they already had him in pt. He did great with his therapy and seems competely committed to working as hard as he needs to. What a tough guy he is! He's eating like a horse, and, apparently, pooping like one too! All systems go...literally.

Meanwhile, in news from the Southern Compound - little Patrick is home and back to his happy self - thank goodness!

So, back to me ... my memory is just ridiculously bad now. I can't remember anything which is frustrating as all hell. This, of course, has very little to do with the thing in my head, but does have everything to do with the stress going on right now. I am trying to be patient with myself - but as those who know me well already know, patience is NOT my best quality! So add frustration to the mix.

Mom and Dad are busy doing stuff in the yard and house - today's project was washing the deck in preperation for staining it. In between working like dogs aroud the property, they went to the Honda dealer and put their name on a new CR-V. When my doctor warned me not to make any large purchases until the "tumor crisis" was behind me, I didn't think to warn my parents of same... LOL!

So, the final countdown is now officially undersay - boogerectomy minus 8 and counting...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment