Monday, April 14, 2008

Pre-Admittance Done

Boring headline, but it sums up the day. Willie and I stayed over at our friend, Peg's place on E. 50th and walked down to NYU this morning, arriving a bit before 8 AM. Then we waited for over an hour because the doctor's assistant hadn't sent the paperwork down and didn't come to work until 9 AM. (Again, happy it is not her doing the surgery!)

After the wait, things went quickly and smoothly. Had much of my blood removed (okay, an exageration, but FOUR vials??), chest x-ray, EKG. Willie had to avert his eyes during the blood letting - hell, so did I! Met with anesthesia and the "head" nurses for both surgeons. Went through a couple more embarrassing balance "assessments" - all proving that I don't have much balance! Ha - like I didn't know that...

They all seemed very effecient and very pleasant - think I am in for excellent hands. Apparently I will wake up with a hell of a headache, which will be only partly subdued by pain meds. Also, I'll have a very festive head-dress! Bring on the Sharpies markers...

It is another beautiful spring day in NJ. I am sitting at my desk with the animals triangulated around me ... sitting pretty.

more later...

1 comment:

  1. Can Willie please put a "K" and a big smiley on the head dressing for me?? Glad you survived...you are doing great!
    K

    ReplyDelete