Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Final Countdown...

Wow, hard to believe that tomorrow is THE DAY. My emotions are on a speedy rollercoaster ride by now - anger, fear, panic, calm, optimistic, more fear and on it goes. At least none of these emotions last for long!

Finished all my client work yesterday, and go my office ready for my absence. My brother in law, Philp, arrived from Alabama last night so we had a great visit. He gets special kudos for making the trip up here to look after his parents while Willie is with me in NYC. Phil (father in law) is still in rehab, but doing so well that I won't be surprised if he is home before me!

This morning, I am getting things in the house ready - clean sheets and towels for when I get home, etc. Also finished packing for the "trip" - pretty easy in my case, as I won't be needing much in the way of clothes - ha!

We'll drive into the city this afternoon and get settled - mom and dad at Peg's place on E. 50th and Willie at a hotel near the hospital. Once we've got everyone settled in, we'll meet Kura for dinner at Josie's, a health food restaurant. This will allow me to maintain my veggie regimen right up through "the last supper." I need to be at the hospital very early tomorrow morning, so we'll all head to bed early tonight and hope for at least a little sleep.

Dr. Roland called this morning just to confirm things and to confirm that I am "first up" tomorrow morning - eek! It's so official now!!!!!

Willie will post in the next day or so with an update on my surgery. I probably won't be back "in person" for at least a week. Feel free to leave comments in the meantime, though.

Debbi

2 comments:

  1. Deb~
    My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family for PEACE before (& during for them) and success for you. I know you will do GREAT and be up and about and gardening soon!! Love ya!
    K
    PS - I will try to obey & be well ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you will do great, attitude is everything!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete