Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Update

Well, it has certainly been an eventful week!

Phil finally had surgery to repair his broken hip yesterday - this involved a rod in his leg, bolted to the bone by pins. He had a rough time with the anesthesia and came out fighting; however, he is fine today. Willie spent the last two nights in the hospital, sleeping (well, at least a little) in the room with his dad. I think it was a huge comfort to Phil to have him there.

Because it wasn't scary enough having Phil in the hospital, I got an email Friday morning from Linda (my sister in law who lives in Alabama) saying that our grand-nephew, Patrick, was very ill. They ended up taking him to the hospital yesterday for high fever and severe dehydration. Poor little guy had to have an IV inserted (he's only 9 months old!) and apparently he fought it with every ounce of his little being. Like great-grandfather, like great- grandson. Anyway, he seemed to be a little better by this morning and we are hopeful that he can come home today. I know his parents, Jack and Rebecca, have been under a terrible strain with their little guy.

I am starting to think that there is some sort of black vortex around our family right now!

Meanwhile, this has provided a very effective distraction for me - this week flew by, filled with stress, but at least it went fast. And, since I was busy worrying about Phil and Willie, I really didn't have much time to obsess about Ethel!

Of course, this morning, knowing that the immediate danger to Phil has passed, I suddenly realized that I'll be in the hospital in a mere 11 days - eek!

Mom and Dad arrived Thursday and have busy whipping our property into shape. Mom has "de-spidered" the garage, dead-headed numberous plants; and she and Dad have taken down all the deer fencing and started all sorts of spring "stuff." Not to mention, they've been the best possible medicine for me!

The Bosu is still lurking outside my office door - but I saw it flinch when I walked by today, which is an excellent sign! I know I am on the very precipice of completely subduing it!!!

So, all is as well as can be expected in the North Compound...

More later...

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You have had a week!! Can I borrow your parents for a few days? My mom is WONDERFUL and would be working on my flowerbeds if she weren't consumed w/ 3 girlies, laundry, and ME!! I think you can spare them for a few days (11 maybe?...OK 9 or 10)... :o)
    K

    ReplyDelete