Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Morning...

Well, the bosu ball is sitting in the corner, glaring malevolently at me. And that can only mean that I totally ignored it all weekend! I will engage in battle this week, and that's a promise.

Meanwhile, I spent Friday and most of Saturday in NYC, which is always a boost for me. Gotta love the energy of the city! Dinner with friends on Friday - I practiced sitting them on my "good ear" side. It is great to have friends who are so supportive and allow me to go through all my "stuff" as I adjust to this. Restaurants are definitley a challenge, even now while I still have relatively good hearing in my AN ear. I'm practicing my neck swivel...

Saturday, Willie drove in and we saw Gypsy on Broadway, with Patti Lupone. It was very good - although probably a bit "heavier" than I needed right now. I'm ALL about the light, mindless entertainment at the moment.

Which brings up the topic of reality TV. I have become addicted to reality TV and magazines like People and US - the more mindless, the better. I think it has to do with my incredibly short attention span as well as my desire to divert myself from thinking about acoustic neuromas 24-7. It's all rather embarrassing, actually. Hey, but I still like Lost!

Mom and Dad are wending their way east in their motor home. They've passed through Little Rock and were in Kenucky when we talked last night. They're detouring a bit south now to miss the worst of the tornados. No, you don't want to be in a 35-foot motor home when one of those suckers blows through...

I am counting down the days to surgery. I am actually feeling calmer right now than I've felt at any point in this journey. I'm sure that's only temporary. I emailed the surgeons about the whole bosu ball/yoga/balance exercise thing - they both said that it won't help my post-surgery balance one bit, but I should do it anyway because it's good for me!

Hi Kay, glad you popped in - it was YOUR blog that inspired me to write this, actually.

Well, folks, that's all I've got at the moment.

Boogerectomy minus 23...

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Debbi!!
    We watch a lot of reality TV (I watch more TV than I ever have AND have a busier lifestyle...what's that all about?). We love Dancing with the Stars b/c we can pretty much watch it as a family and I LOVE Extreme Makeover b/c it has some good life lessons for the kids -- just let them see HOW good they have it!! I think to help pass the time, and since you already have it, you should try to come up with and list ALL the uses you can for the BALL!! :O) Might be fun...

    ReplyDelete