Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Next Chapter

Well, it has been an eventful few days. I made it until about 10 AM on Monday before calling the surgeon's office - and I now have a date!

I am "on" for Wednesday, April 30. Pre-op is scheduled for Monday, April 14. Feels good to get things moving.

Willie is tackling the dark lords of insurance - I am sure that will be a long and protracted process. Heck, I'm having f-ing brain surgery - why on earth would the insurance company NOT want to make that more difficult!

I've ordered a "bosu" ball which I am planning to use for rehab to regain my balance. Okay, I know I am probably getting a little ahead of myself here - but I have a compelling need to try to manage something!

I am in daily contact with others on the ANA forum - my new group of friends who are helping me through the world of acoustic neuromas.

Meanwhile, the animals in my life are providing some much needed comic relief. Rocket, the "black cat" has developed a sudden phobia of spots on the floor. Yep, spots. I'll find him staring intently at some microscopic something on the floor ... and then he will suddenly run away at full speed. Phoebe, the calico cat, can't figure out what Rocket sees, so she is now spending much of her time also staring at the floor. I'm starting to suspect that they BOTH have brain tumors...

More later...

1 comment:

  1. Deb Great Blog and finally I see what Willy looks like and your pets. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete