Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And the Doctor Laughed...

So, off I went, in a near-panic, to my doctor today ... headached, congestion, achy - all the symptoms of allergy onset. Naturally, I was so nerved up when I got there that the minute I saw the doctor I started blathering away telling him what my "diagnosis" was. After nearly passing out from lack of oxygen (hard to draw a breath when you are talking mile-a-minute) I suddenly had an epiphany. I looked at him and said - "I'd better shut up - YOU are the doctor!" He and I both had a big laugh.

So, he is aggressively treating me for allergies - need to make sure I don't get a sinus infection. (Kay, I was horrified to hear that you actually had to have your surgery posptoned for similar reasons!!) I put a call into the surgeon to make sure I can take a nasal steroid spray (at the request of my PCP).

I do find that my sense of imbalance increases significantly when my sinuses are affected. I have been feeling a bit "wonky" all day - same as when there are barometric changes. Feels like I've had just a bit too much to drink, or almost like I've gotten up to quickly or something. Not bad, just weird.

Well, hopefully nothing else to be reported today from the Jersey burbs...

1 comment:

  1. I knew I shouldn't have put that!! I regretted after it published!! I know you will be OK!!
    K

    ReplyDelete