Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Day in Acoustic Neuroma Paradise...

I am already bored with the countdown - I'm at "B minus 28" (that's Boogerectomy minus 28 days for those who aren't in "the know!") I am sure that when I get to B Minus 7, things will be much more exciting - but for now, kinda boring.

I had a little tinnitis in my AN (right) ear this morning - very little, and probably caused more by an overactive imagination than an actual tumor... Still, it freaked me out for a few minutes.

I ordered a Bosu ball this week - that is one of those wierd looking half-balls that you can use to work on balance (and other fun things). Kind of looks like half of a pilates ball (which I also have). I am planning to start an aggressive regimen of balance strengthening exercises before surgery. Oh, and I may even send the surgeons an email to ask if this will actually do any good. Or not.

Hope, who I "met" on the ANA forum is having surgery today at Johns Hopkins. She has been on my mind all day - hope her surgery is going well and that she will have a good recovery.

Good news - the cats both seem to have recovered from their supposed brain tumors. Rocket is no longer living under the foot stool, and both cats are enjoying patches of sun all over the house. Huh.

I'll add more as the mood strikes.

Debbi

1 comment: