Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Evening ...

So, another weekend drawing to a close...

Saturday Phil, my father in law, was sprung from “the big house” (rehab) where he has been held captive since falling and breaking his hip in late April. Willie served as the official limo driver, and a stop at Burger King was the highlight of the trip. Phil was no sooner settled in on Butternut Road, when he began barking out orders to anyone and everyone in hearing range. The captain is, once again, at the helm! You should know, incidentally, that this is all second-hand, as I was safely resting at home while the caper went down.

News from Butternut today was that Phil, against all orders to the contrary, was outside traversing the stairs today … sigh. Hopefully Willie will be able to talk some sense into him…

Meanwhile, on the much tamer Tallyho Lane – I laid low yesterday and watched a couple of movies. We had an early dinner at one of the local restaurants, where I was able to test my ability to hear while enduring lots of background noise. (Not so good.) My poor left ear is really working overtime these days. It is definitely challenging to hear conversation when there is any sort of background noise - but relative to some of the other things that can happen in life, it's tolerable!

Today, Willie and I ventured out to Wal-Mart (I know, WHAT was I thinking!), Pet Smart and Shop-Rite! Any one of those would have been a challenge – but all three was probably a bit foolhardy. Anyway, after much spinning about to determine where all the damned noise (babies crying, dogs barking, etc) was coming from, we made our purchases and retired to the relative safety ofour house. Not surprisingly, a nap ensued for yours truly…

I thought I had a tiny bit of movement next to my mouth last night – haven’t been able to replicate it today, but am not giving up! I would like to have a new trick to show the docs this week!

Carrie is more neurotic than ever – I think she is really missing mom and dad. She keeps looking towards the door, as if expecting them to walk through any moment. Well, I confess that I’ve done the same a few times in the last couple of days…

Signing off from the Northern Compound…

No comments:

Post a Comment