Thursday, June 19, 2008

End in Sight

The BIG news of the week --- Dr. Louie called yesterday to say that, barring anything unusual in the blood work from yesterday (which we'll get results from today) I can stop the IV infusions at the end of the day on Friday!!!! Oh happy Day!! It will be SO nice to be able to sleep in Saturday and not have to "hook up" to the lemon.

I am scheduled to have the PICC line taken out Monday morning - the HHC nurse is going to come over early in the morning and take it out. I will be FREE!! I won't know what it is like to shower without wrapping myself up in Glad Press 'n' Seal first!

Now the cautionary note in all of this is that Dr. Louie said that it will be 7 - 10 days before I am "out of the woods" in terms of the infection recurring. So, I'll be keeping fingers and toes crossed AND I'll be extra careful with the incision. Willie will be on "wound inspection detail" every night to check for any changes.

Hopefully next week, as the antibiotics clear my system, I'll feel less fatigued - that's something to look forward to!

Meanwhile, under the category of More Great News - Dad has his annual check up on his eye and the doctor says no change in the tumor, so he is good to go! Mom and Dad are back in Oregon and enjoying the condo life, farmers markets, volks walks and smoothies on the patio.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news Debbi!! :) Fingers crossed.
    Ciao, Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete