Friday, June 13, 2008

I've Defeated the Blackberry...

And other tales from the northern compound...

After spending about 3 hours of frustration trying to figure the sync thing out by myself, I bit the bullet and called Verizon/Blackberry today - that was another three hours I'll never see again --- but I have conquered the Blackberry and am now getting email, calendar, contacts, etc! I feel supremely cool ... or is it hot? (Lorenzo, this just proves that anyone can do this!)

On the recovery road - I am continuing to feel better each day (although the margins are tiny) and less fatigued. I've managed without a nap for the last two days, which is a first! I am working hard on my face (hey, no comments from the peanut gallery) and am pleased to say that a few very tiny "character lines" are starting to appear faintly around my right lip. Oh, fabulous day in the neighborhood!!! I still can't actually move anything other than that one brave little muscle under my right eye, but progress is being made.

The therapist recommended something called a Z-Vibe to help stimulate the nerve. It is basically a small vibrating device, about the size of a ball point pen, that can be used on the face, lips and inside the mouth to help awaken the nerve endings. It is easy to use and feels soothing.

Willie is off racing at Summit Point (Virginia) this weekend. He just called to say that they'd arrived safely. I could hear the roar of race cars in the background and could practically smell the testosterone flowing - well as much as it can in a bunch of "middle aged men living their dream." I'm so glad that he is racing this weekend - seems that the last three months have been consumed with everyone's health issues, all of which have fallen square onto Willie's lap. If ever a guy needed a few days away, it's him! I'm planning to get together with my friend Ellen for awhile tomorrow and otherwise, just relax, read, nibble and watch some movies this weekend. Oh, and hook up to the IV twice a day (yep, Kay, I know you can relate better than anyone to this...)

I'll try to post another picture sometime over the weekend - let's see if anyone can see any differences...

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. When I first got a tiny bit of movement after the 12/7, my friend told me that I was the only woman she knew that was excited about getting wrinkles!! :o)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for the wrinkle! and double hurrah for conquering the blackberry! :) I don't know about anyone; I think I'll get an iPhone instead, sounds less challenging.
    Lets see the photo of you now, wrinkle and all! BTW, you like a friend of mine here in Ireland! Uncanny...
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete