Monday, June 16, 2008

Spitting Sutures


...and other competitive events...

First of all, I am posting a picture of my face this week - I still can't consciously move anything, but I do think it continues to look tiny amounts better.

Now, about the suture spitting... Last night I noticed that there were a couple of raised bumps (one kind of black in the center) at the bottom inch or so of my incision. This caused a near panic for me! I calmly asked Willie to take a look, and he verified it - two bumps. So, we immediately took several pictures and emailed them off to Dr. Roland (Yes, Happy Father's Day, Doc!) In fairness, I did suggest that it wasn't urgent and that he shouldn't interrupt his Father's Day.

He emailed me back very early this morning to let me know that I have what is called "spitting sutures". HUH??? Apparently, my body isn't all that happy with the deep sutures and is trying to eject them. Nothing urgent, and Dr. Roland will take them out when I see him next month. Good grief. The surprises never seem to end... At least this one doesn't involve any return trips to NYU!!

Had a good weekend - friend Ellen came up for a visit on Saturday so we did some "girl things" and enjoyed a wonderful meal at Salt in Byram. Willie had a fun weekend of racing, although they did blow the engine about 10 1/2 hours into the 12-hour race, so were unable to finish. Still, the He Men are feeling pretty manly! Lots of chest thumping and other manly stuff.

I am going to go watch for more spitting sutures now...

1 comment:

  1. Spitting sutures... right. Not 'sutures being rejected' or some other highly technical doc-speak term. No. Spitting sutures. 'Hey Ellen, I have spitting sutures, how about that!' lol Another oddity to add to your life!

    Glad you had a great weekend. And your face looks just fine!

    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete