Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RATS!

Well, if that doesn't sum it all up, I'm not sure what would...

While my blood markers are moving in the right direction (I can't believe I'm even blogging about this...), they aren't quite where they need to be yet. Soooo - that means I continue with the IV infusions twice a day. Triple Rats!!!

I must confess to being pretty disappointed. However, Dr. Louie is doing the right thing, and I have complete confidence in him. And, another week of IV still beats re-opening this big incision in my head...

Okay, well, when you put it that way, Debbi...

So, had lunch with my friend and colleague Carl yesterday which was just great. The fact that he didn't run shrieking from the restaurant was an immediate good sign! Seriously, it was great to see someone who knew me "before" and realize that I'm still me, goofy smile and all. So, thank you, Carl!! You rock!

HHC nurse came this morning - a different nurse than last week, but just as excellent. She took about a gallon of blood - which I then FedExed off to the lab (no, I'm not kidding - FedEx ships blood!), and changed my dressing and PICC "nozzle." I mention the latter because the new nozzle works differently than the last one and I had quite a challenge disengaging my IV when it was done. That triggered a call to the HHC company, who then carefully walked me through adding a 12 inch extension to my line. Oh, never mind. That's just too weird, isn't it?

The whole reason for this HHC sage is that in the process of installing my new addition, I spilled rubbing (as opposed to drinking) alcohol all over my cell phone - which promptly died about an hour later. Over indulgence is never good. That in turn triggered a trip to the local Verizon store. After a short - and expensive - 15 minutes, I found myself leaving with a new Blackberry cell phone. So far, I've figured out how to make a call. I am now in search of a teenager to show me the other fine features of this amazing bit of electronics. And I thought the bosu ball was set on earth to challenge me...

Well, see, I feel better already. I am now going to sneak up on the Blackberry and see if I can figure out how to sync it...

Debbi

2 comments:

  1. woah... syncing it? yikes. did it work? after that, any AN related stuff is a doddle! Love the blog / writing! Good sense of humour! and now i shall go and do battle with my photo printer...
    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you still have your PICC line and are having to do the IV's - I can DEFINITELY empathize! Glad your lunch went so well!!
    K

    ReplyDelete