Monday, June 2, 2008

The Burger Wars...

Ha, that got your attention, didn't it?

So, yesterday I decided that I was finally in the mood for red meat and convinced Willie to make a run through McD's for a quarter pounder. We transported the much-awaited burgers home and settled ourselves in for the feast.

Well, let me just tell you that if you have facial paralysis, things like burgers really don't fit into your mouth that well. First, I couldn't get the right side of my mouth open enough to wedge the burger in - then when I thought I had it situated, I realized that my lower lip was also in my mouth (I know, it isn't a pretty picture, is it?) The good news is that I have enough feeling on the right side of my lip to realize that I was biting it - that's an improvement.

The bad news is that sandwiches of any kind continue to be out of the question in public! The good news is that the burger was finally conquered by ripping it into bite sized pieces which I could - daintily - fit into my mouth.

See, there's more than one way to eat a burger...

2 comments:

  1. i can think of one advantage of a numb face and mouth, I can eat HOT curry without running for the sugar bowl or drinking a jug of water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tear my burgers away...public or not. Cheeseburger Happy Meals is the 1st thing I ate after the T3 - in the airport in Dallas on the way home. I don't even LIKE MeD's and it was the best thing I ever put in my mouth!! Even though I don't think you will have long term paralysis, it does get better - I can eat burgers & sandwiches like a normal person most of the time! :o)
    K

    ReplyDelete