Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of 2008

Well, the holiday season is almost over, and so, too, is 2008. Can't say that I am sorry to see the end of this year, and hope that 2009 is a less-eventful year in medical terms.

We enjoyed the visit with my parents and were very sorry to see them leave on Sunday - however, they were very happy to be getting back to Arizona where there is no threat of a white new year! They are back to Geo-caching and volks walking; all while wearing shorts and t-shirts!

We, on the other hand, are bundled in our parkas bracing for yet more snow. Joy. Going to have a quiet New Year's Eve with our neighbors, Wolfgang and Janet. They live just across the street, so no driving for anyone and we can just totter across the street when we're done. We'll bring a bottle of something red, from the Willamette Valley, of course, to toast the end of 2008 and a better 2009.

To all who follow this, I wish you a happy, healthy, tumour-free New Year! (Hey, I know, it sounds weird, but most of you who read this can relate!)

Peace to all.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for the card - yours is being mailed today. They were shipped to the WRONG city!! I wish we would get some snow - we've just had some REALLY cold temps but not much white stuff. I guess you are hogging it all!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be so glad to share! I wouldn't mind the snow, but why does it have to be so blasted cold!!!???

    Brrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you all from a coldish, soggy Ireland. Eurk. Give me the decent cold and white stuff any day. this is just a little too blah for me.
    We found a nice spot to hide for a few days and spent the NY time getting away from things back home. Ignoring it as much as possible. Well yes, we are sort of New Year cranks.
    No NY resolution either, the last one I made was for good health and then they found the AN. Pointless, eh? lol
    Still, won't stop me from wishing you all a great year and a healthy one, and yes, may the collective ANs shrink to oblivion, and all damaged nerve be regenerated correctly.
    Ciao
    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete