Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Abscess, Neuralgia, what else?

Monday morning (was it really only yesterday) I called my PC and made an appointment to see him in the morning because the lump under my jaw wasn't any better and the pain had only gotten worse over the weekend. He suspected some sort of abscess (not glands or ducts or anything so mundane) so sent me off to the hospital for some scans (because I apparently haven't had just the right one yet!) and within an hour called me say that I do, indeed, have some sort of abscess in my jaw. Oh joy.

He upped the pain meds, gave me two shots (one for pain, one steroid) and started me on a new run of antibiotics. And, I see him again tomorrow morning. When I saw him yesterday, he said that he doesn't think the other pain is TMJ, so will discuss that further with him tomorrow.

At this point, I'm thinking of just having my head amputated - seems easier. Perhaps a head transplant??

Stay tuned for more breaking news...

1 comment:

  1. I always thought that if we could just download out thought patterns, memories and knowledge, we could reprogramme a new head and get it transplanted. As long as they can keep the face though, I'm used to the quirks of this one. Transplant would certainly be The solution for all AN cases and other such afflictions.

    Abscess! What a collection, in one such relatively small part of one's anatomy. Hope that gets resolved quickly!

    Not TMJ. So what does he think?

    And by the way, with all the scans you had, they could probably manufacture your head out of acrylic by now. Fancy that? No need for scans then, just look at it.

    Ciao, Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete