Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, sNOw!!


New experience! Walking in the snow - oh s(NO)w!!


After chatting with my parents and telling them about the cold weather and snow that is awaiting them when they arrive this Sunday from Phoenix, I decided to take the trusty collie for a quick walk in the yard. So far, so good.


Well, as soon as I stepped out on the back porch and realized that we had about 5 inches of fresh powdery snow (with more falling by the second) I decided I should walk down the hill to the shed to liberate our snow shovel. Ha.


Remember when you were a kid and you'd run really fast down a hill and thrill to the sensation that you might not be able to stop? Well, not quite as thrilling as an adult. I carefully walked (okay, tottered) down the hill feeling with each step as if I was toppling right over. I got about halfways down the hill and then wondered how getting back up would go - too late, I was committed. Well, suffice it to say that I made it both up and down - but walking on uneven ground in the snow is WAY worse than walking at night! Wow - never expected that at all. I used the shovel as a walking stick on the way back.


Somehow, I think my mom intuited this since her parting words as we rang off were something to the effect of me being careful in the snow. Mom always knows best. Never doubt it.


So, that's my funny for the day. I may go back out when Willie gets home just to experience the wonky head in safety!


1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeee... can we play? :)
    By the way, don't forget to make a snow woman! lol

    ReplyDelete