Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday in Acoustic Neuroma, TMJ, Salvitory Land

Wow, that's a mouth full! Assuming one can get one's mouth open, that is.


The weekend has consisted primarily of me being doped up and napping, with either an ice pack or heat pack pressed to my face and neck. What a vision! Rocket discovered that moist heat is quite lovely for cats, too, and so we shared a nap on the heating pad today!


Tomorrow I will call the doctor re the big lump under my jaw. The lump is slightly more well-defined now, about the size of a hazelnut and hard and quite painful. I hope that this gives the doctor some clue as to how to proceed. I am scheduled for the dentist 5 pm on Tuesday, but since I can only get my jaw open about a half inch now, there's no way he's going to be able to fit the nite guard. Well, let's see what tomorrow brings ... Patience, Debbi, patience!!

1 comment:

  1. Cats... such opportunistic beings. LOL Funny image that! :)

    I just posted a response to your previous post. My wife had a stone in her salivary gland, which like kidney stones, hurts like heck when they pass! hers did and the gland returned to normal after that, solving the problem. While she had it though, her gland swelled to impressive proportions and hurt like nothing else, or TMJ, which she had also, but later.
    All the best to you!
    ciao, Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete