Friday, December 5, 2008

Ow...

Okay, I think TMJD is actually worse than a brain tumor. Or, maybe not. Anyway, I don't wish this on anyone. I am still on full doses of major pain and inflamation meds and can't go 4 hours without them because the pain literally brings me to my knees. I'm NOT having fun!!

Because the joy of face/neck/jaw pain wasn't enough, yesterday morning I noticed that there was a pretty significant amount of swelling under my right jaw, and it was hurting to swallow. Off to my primary doc's office today where they told me they think I have either an infected lymph node or salavorty gland infection. So, now I am on antibiotics once a day for the next 5 days and strict orders to call the doctor first thing Monday morning if I don't see a noticeable improvement.

Oh, and I can only open my mouth about an 3/4 of an inch now - tried to eat a banana a little while ago and had to cut it into thin slits to fit in my mouth. I'm grumpy.

I think I am getting my whole life's worth of medical issues out of the way in one year - which in some respects is a relief. And, just think, only 26 days until the end of the year...

I've decorated the house for the holidays (except the tree which we'll cut next weekend) and it is looking quite festive if I do say so myself. Of course, it's kind of hard to tell in my drug-induced haze...

Since I can't talk much, I've started writing some articles and submitted one today to ezine articles - it's on procrastination, which I know a lot about...

Hope everyone reading this has a great weekend. I'll be napping...

4 comments:

  1. Mammma mia, you sure are experimenting a lot with pain, not to mention meds! I'm really sorry to hear about the latest problem! My wife had a sudden salivary gland infection. It hurts, like heck. I wonder if that is the cause of your so-called TMJ? No? I know she couldn't open her mouth nor eat much with it. In your case, it sounds just as bad! And all that before the Christmas splurge! That's not good. At least you can drink wine with a straw. Oh, hang on, you probably can't with those meds! Misery!! Of course, you can enjoy your festive house, fueled by meds vapours. Of course the house looks festive!! :)

    Hope you get better soon, not much of this year left.

    Ciao, Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    Mike and I are both so sorry to hear that you are in such pain! Yikes! 2008 was rough! You had better leave this all behind on the 31st and start fresh, healthy and pain free in 2009.
    For a while, maybe put those bananas in the blender!

    Lots of love from LI.
    Elaine, Mike & Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good wishes, Elaine - and hugs to that adorable daughter of yours! We just got your holiday card and she is just TOO cute!

    Lorenzo, very interesting that your wife couldn't open her jaw as a result of the inflamation! What did the doctors do to get rid of it? So, far the antibiotics haven't kicked in yet, so I am nearly at a point of sipping my meals from a straw! And, you are right, no vino with all these damned meds. Drat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked with my wife again to be sure before replying. Apparently she has a stone in her salivary gland. Problem was solved when the stone passed by itself.
    Hope your problem resolves pretty soon!
    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete