Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Week Post Op...

Another beautiful day in NJ - warm, sunny, low humidity - a perfect day to try my first sortie down to the end of the driveway, accompanied by Mom and Carrie! I was victorious!! I celebrated by sitting out on the patio on our glider chair --- swinging. I wasn't at all sure if I would be able to handle the swinging motion, but it was no problem, and actually quite soothing.

In the category of more milestones - I also shampooed my hair and showered without ANY help today. Of course, I had to sit and rest for a few minutes afterward... Amazing how every little thing just wears me out.

Mom made another wonderful meal last night of green beans, sauted Kale, and a dish with butternut squash and nuts. Not sure why I am craving veggies so much, but I just can't seem to get enough of them right now. Good thing I'm not craving chips or something equally bad!

During dinner last night, Willie mentioned that he had heard from Dr. Golfinos assistant today to find out how I was doing (which I thought was odd since I talked to her just the day before...)
He had us all at rapt attention ... said that she was questioning him about me showering unassisted -said that she put him on hold - when she came back, she told him that Dr. G said I shouldn't take unassisted showers for at least a year... after a moment of stunned silence at the dinner table, we all burst out laughing!! Willie totally got us - hook, line and sinker. He is still smirking at how thoroughly he had us on the hook!

Tomorrow, I am going to try to download and sort thru the pictures from the hospital. Depending on how brave I feel, I will probably try to post one or two "post" photos here - brace yourselves! Between the festive head-dress/turban, the swollen face, and the crooked smile, it will be quite a site!

Thanks for the cards, notes, and well wishes - it all helps!!

Debbi

1 comment:

  1. Dave was pretty excited when they told him that he would have to take a shower eith me after this last surgery!! :o)
    K

    ReplyDelete