Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Monday, Bloody Monday...

Well, everyone said that there would be bad days along the road to recovery … I got a first hand, up close look at fatigue these past few days. After having to nap twice on Sunday, I was sure I would wake up Monday ready to tackle the world – wrong! I woke up bone-tired, which was very discouraging.

Managed to stay up until after lunch, but then slept for several hours. Then, as I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself, I had a thought… wonder if I am going through “withdrawal” from the steroids? I knew that steroids cause sleep interruption and excess energy, so it seemed like stopping them might cause fatigue? I immediately emailed my surgeon with the question, and he responded (with his normal speed) that yes, indeed, fatigue would be common as I end the steroid cycle. He said it should pass in a few days! Yay!!! I felt better immediately!

So, my Big Events for yesterday were to get back to work – I had a call with one of my very favorite clients, so it wasn’t really like working at all – and to go out to eat! Mom and Dad and I headed out for an early dinner at the local diner – egg white omelets with feta and spinach for everyone. Noise level was low, no one stared at me, and all the food stayed in my mouth (ha!) – a victory! Isn’t it funny how our perspective of success changes???

Meanwhile, Phil is still in rehab while they try to get him mobile again. His hip is still healing, but he is progressing very well. I am hoping to get over to see him this week, at least for a short visit. Maybe we can compare incisions! (Okay, I know that is pretty weird, isn’t it?)

Today appears to be a beautiful day, so I am planning an hour or so of work, then perhaps a walk outside. And, a nap …

No comments:

Post a Comment