Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jihad on Tallyho

Well, Willie and I had a great visit to NYC this weekend - perfect weather, great food, tasty wine, lots of photos.  Not much can beat springtime in NYC!

We returned home Sunday and then Sunday night ... the Jihad started.  God only knows what set it off or when it will end, but it involves lots of puffed up cats and terrible noises.  Somehow, poor Rocket has gotten the Terrors and is completely freaked out by Phoebe.  He is hiding under the hassock in the sitting room and just growls whenever anything gets too close.  When Phoebe decides to invade his dark hiding place, he shrieks and comes flying out in search of a new "lair."  It would actually be a lot funnier if the noises weren't so horrific.  What is hilarious is seeing Phoebe get all puffed up - she actually gets her tail to about the size of a racoon's tail - and she makes all of the hair on her body puff out.  I must see if I can get a picture because it is quite priceless.  No doubt the whole thing will end as suddently as it began and we still won't have a clue as to what set it off.  

Great - we've got a neurotic dog and a paranoid cat.  Oh, and did I mention the whole brain tumor thing...?

Meanwhile, I've recorded a video on eye care.  I blame my parents who asked a few simple questions about eye care for a friend of theirs who has bells palsey.   Anyway, if you want a giggle, take a look:  


5 comments:

  1. While you're at the video thing, can you point that Logitech camera at the cats and lets see them? Wouldn't be as good or informative as your contribution to eye care 101, but it might give us an idea what they are up to. lol I'd love to see P with her tail puffed up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! I can already see that I am going to need a real video camera at some point. Of course, I really need to capture the noise, too - Rocket screaming like a wild beast is quite something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new business idea: Animal Videos for pet owners. Ok, maybe not so new... Go get a real video camera. Shame the D90 doesn't do video. Some of the smaller cameras do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think the D90 does do video, so I will have to give that a try! I may look at one of those flip cameras - they've gotten quite cheap now ... (I have to stop buying electronic gadgets!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balme (blame) the AN! I do... :)

    ReplyDelete