Monday, June 15, 2009

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun

It was a fine weekend in the Country. Peg is in the States for a few weeks, making her spring escape from China; and Kura was in need of a break from the hustle and bustle of NYC, so it was a perfect weekend for wine, food and friends. We also had a little retail therapy, which is always fun. I don't really enjoy shopping much (I know, where was I when God handed out the female shopping gene??), but this was enjoyable. Besides, it was rainy on Saturday so sitting on the patio swilling down wine wasn't a good option. Sunday, on the other hand was beautiful as you can see from the picture above. So, since it was morning, we sat on the deck and swilled down tea...

Upon returning from the retail expedition on Saturday, we immediately opened a bottle of Prosecco - just what one needs to recover from shopping.

The only real downside (for me) is that it was more noise than I am used to, which made my hearing issues more of an issue. I hate that I can't listen to multiple conversations the way I used to be able to - it frustrates me. My ear can really only hear one thing at a time. And, my sensitivity to noise is still an issue. Cetain tones are just painful. Grr.

Anyway, I had a bit of a pity-party after everyone left Sunday. A little of the "woe is me, things aren't the same" stuff. It's really kind of silly - I am so lucky in so many ways and I shouldn't feel sorry for myself about something as relatively minor as not hearing some things and hearing too much of others. In the scope of things, this is pretty minor stuff. However, it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

3 comments:

  1. Was that taken before or after the prosecco? No evidence of wine glasses... Not hearing as much or hearing a jumble is frustrating. It's a pain in fact, no two ways about it! Little feeling sorry for the loss does no harm whatsoever. Quite right, it takes getting used to so you might as well bemoan it sometime. I think we're entitled to that, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think so, Lorenzo. As long as we don't spend too much time in the "feeling sorry for myself" mode, it's all good. Anytime you lose something that is important to you, it is natural to feel the loss and I suppose this is not any different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly. and we do bounce back very quickly from any down mood. At least, I generally do. :)

    ReplyDelete