Monday, May 4, 2009

Loving Spring











I had the perfect spring day on Saturday - such a far cry from a year ago when walking 1- feet down the driveway made me want to lay down and sleep for an hour!

Saturday started out drizzly, but cleared up by mid-morning and the temps leveled out at about 65 or thereabouts. It was a perfect day for planting, so off we went to the garden center. I planted 58 impatiens in front of the house next to the walkway (this never got done last year because I coudn't bend over to plant anything for fear of causing a cranial fluid leak.) After completing that project, I moved to the back and planted about 30 geraniums. I also moved my little baby mesclan greens and arugula starters outside - having read somewhere that a cloudy day is best for moving seedlings outside. Oh, and I also planted six new hostas back under the edge of our deck - my mission now is to keep the deer from eating them!

I ended the day covered in dirt and totally happy! Yesterday we had a slow, steady rain, which was perfect for all my newly planted "babies." It is so good to be gardening again - I missed it last year!

This is a fine way to continue celebrating my one year anniversary!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect Debbi!!! Sooo glad you had a wonderful day like that! Happy anniversary my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Debbi. It has been raining here like crazy and I am so ready to get to gardening! My eye surgery is Monday so 6 weeks to recover from that so I guess I will have to crack the whip and get my hubby to do my planting. (it is really my therapy and always has been) I go to the garden center just to look around when I'm feeling down. Some see their psychiatrist and I go to the nearest garden center! Your yard looks beautiful. How many acres?
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx guys! We have about 3 1/5 acres, but two of it is wooded.
    Some days we wish it was all wooded!

    Angie - what surgery are you having on your eye?

    ReplyDelete