Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I just got off the phone with my mom - we had a great video skype chat. Not quite as good as being there in person, but great to see her while we were talking - gotta love technology. The above picture was taken this past winter in Arizona where my parents wisely spent the winter - in shorts and t-shirts!

Willie's parents are coming over in awhile so we'll toast his mom, too. It's a day for moms! Last year both moms were here and Willie did all the cooking (since I was only a few weeks out of the hospital and still on "light duty.") Actually, he'll be doing most of the cooking this year, too. Filet mignons, asparagus, red peppers on the grill. He sauted some baby portabellas already that we'll serve with the steaks. Whole wheat oatmeal bread (by yours truly) is on its second rise. I've made got a fresh blueberry crisp ready to go in the oven for dessert. Yum, I can hardly wait! Wish my mom was here today, too, but instead she and dad will be in downtown Portland, OR enjoying the sunshine as they walk along the river. It's a beautiful area, so it will be a wonderful day for mom.

I hope all the moms out there have a special day, filled with love!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful meal! I hope you took pictures... :-)

    Your mom is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!!! :)

    And your mom stops for flower on the side of the road. Ah yes, the best way to travel and be. :)

    ReplyDelete