Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to Normal?

Someone asked me the other day when I would be "back to normal" ... and it gave me pause to think about that. What is normal, anyway? I realized that I probably needed to redefine "normal" for myself.

Will I get back to the way I was before this little Acoustic Neuroma adventure? No, I won't. I will always be deaf in one ear, and will probably always have some facial issues. I may (or may not) get tired a little easier than I did before, and I may occasionally have "wobbly" days when my balance isn't quite up to snuff. Is that depressing to me - definitely not! I don't look at this as not returning to normal; rather I look at it as having a new normal.

Sometimes life forces you to take a little time out - it is up to you what you do with that time out. For me, this was a good chance to re-examine my priorities and kind of "check-in" with myself to make sure I'm doing the right things. I have made some changes to my business as a result of this and am very excited about the changes. I have also become more selective about what I do in my "leisure" time - also good. And, I'm coming up with a list of upsides to facial paralysis! (Now, that is a bit of challenge, but I'm up to it!)

So those are my ruminations today from Tallyho Lane.

Lorenzo, the bottling will be sometime next year and you're invited! Jules, you too! And anyone else who wants to hang out in a vineyard for a few hours and swill down some wine.

3 comments:

  1. Debbi:
    I was just talking wih Paul Hower, and he asked about you so we went to the blog and I told him everything. We were both encouraged. Paul sends his fondest regards.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you came to exactly the same conclusion as I did; confirms that I was RIGHT in my thinking!! Wine bottling would be great! :) It is bottling, not just drinking it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whose to say that our normal isn't the right normal & everyone else is a bit off?????
    :o)
    K

    ReplyDelete