Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Brain


So, I thought it might be fun for those viewing from home to see what an acoustic neuroma actually looks like ... Here is a copy of one of my initial MRI views - the big white blob is Ethel before surgery. I will be going for my first follow up MRI in a couple of weeks, so will post a follow up picture when I get that film - hoping to see nothing, other than maybe a couple of small spots. The surgeons left a few "nubs" behind that were stuck to my facial nerve, so I don't even know if they'll show up or not. As tumors die, they stop looking white in films and turn to black, indicating necrosis (cell death, which we like!)
That's all for today...


2 comments:

  1. Impressive looking one Debbi! And very clear MRI too. How big was it? looks about 30mm or so. Hopefully the MRI will show that rest is dead too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, forgot to sign that...

    ReplyDelete