Friday, August 8, 2008

A Bump in the BlinkEze Road...

Just when you think everything is coming up roses in the post brain surgery world...

Late yesterday, my eyelid started to feel kind of sore, so I took the beloved BlinkEze off to take a loo, (and because it was time to change the adhesive.) Well, what do I find but swelling and redness on my eyelid! I tried to re-affix the weight, but it was just too uncomfortable so had to sleep with my eye patched again for the first time in 3 weeks.

This put me into a bit of a funk. I had a little pity-party for myself last night, but am already planning alternative options today. I am going leave the weight off today and tomorrow and try putting it back on on Sunday. We'll see if that works. If not, I am going to call the doctor and try to arrange for something called a "punctal plug" where they basically block the tear ducts on the lower lid as a way to retain moisture in the eye for longer periods. And, if that fails, I'll look into getting a surgically implanted "gold" eye weight.

Of course, there is always the chance that my eye will actually blink on its own one of these days, which would be the best option of all!

Meanwhile, I think that a nice piece of grilled salmon and a fresh grilled eggplant and tomato salad is in order... perhaps accompanied by a nice crisp glass of savignon blanc and followed by a piece of dark chocolate...

2 comments:

  1. I see we use the same funk cure... guaranteed to work! Sorry about the BlinkEze unease! Mamma mia, never a dull moment on this journey of yours.

    Hope you had a good dinner. SAuvignon blanc, dark chocolate... I'm off for na espresso now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Debbi, that just stinks! I am so sorry. Hopefully it will be all better tomorrow. Maybe something just got under the adhesive and irritated it. I will be praying for resolution - soon!

    K

    ReplyDelete