Saturday, April 4, 2009

Buona Sera!


Just a quick update, before Willie and I head out for a bowl of pasta at one of the local spots.


We had a great visit this weekend from Willie's Aunt Millie and her partner, Ollie. We saw them just about a year ago, as I was preparing to have my head bored open. I was in a much better frame of mind for company this year! Millie and Ollie were driving up from their winter retreat in FL, and arrived yesterday afternoon after several days of treacherous driving in very rainy conditions. Willie's mom and sister came over, we opened a good bottle of pinot noir (Wilammette Valley), ordered a couple of pizzas and had a great visit.


Willie whipped up breakfast for the whole crew this morning, including his father (Millie's brother) - whole wheat pumpkin pancakes, whole wheat toast, and made-to-order omelettes! We sat around the table and laughed and ate and laughed some more - what a wonderful morning. Before everyone left early this afternoon, I got us all in front of the fireplace and took a couple of photos, one of which I am posting here.


I always really enjoy seeing Millie and Ollie. I first met them when Willie and I were dating, and I felt a special connection immediately. Millie is smart, funny, outspoken, opinionated - my kind of person, in other words! And, Ollie is the perfect counter-point to Millie - he is the incredibily calm, serene person with a wonderful subtle sense of humor. I suppose they kind of remind me of Willie and I in a way, and of my mom and dad. Anyway, it was a lovely weekend.


More later...

3 comments:

  1. :) Sounds like a lovely gathering! nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! A table-full of Italian Americans (and one Irish girl, and one Bulgarian guy) - the noise was immense at times, but it was worth it just to be with everyone. My mother-in-law and Millie have been friends for over 60 years, so there are many stories and many shared memories. It was good to have so much laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE gatherings like that, makes one really happy and glad to have people like that around. :)

    ReplyDelete