Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sleepy Sunday

After a restless night last night, I find that my energy level today is ... well, non-existent. What I most want to do is curl up and watch a movie or read a book. And, that is exactly what I plan to do in the very near future. Meanwhile, though, I am making a loaf of wild-rice whole wheat bread. It dough was a bit gooey, so I just added some more flour. Baking is still a bit like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Disney) for me as I am never quite sure what will happen. However, the house always smells amazing when whatever bread I am baking is in the oven, so what the heck.

No more sightings of the raccoon. I think my threats of a baseball bat may have scared him off! Either that, or he is stalking the neighbor's cats.

Tomorrow I am scheduled to see Dr. Roland (assuming that tonight's predicted snow -event does not drop too much of the white stuff on us) to check on facial progress. Although I really thought I was starting to produce some tears a few weeks ago, I've seen nothing since, so it may have been a false start. The progress on my mouth has been a stand still for about two months; and some days I even feel that it might be just a tiny bit worse. Humph. Well, I knew that this would be a long slow process. I do seem to be slurring a bit more lately though, which concerns me a little. I emailed with the facial therapist this week and he counsels me to just keep working at the facial exercises and try to really isolate the smallest movements. (And that sound you just heard is me screaming in frustration!)

And, of course, I am not less than two months from my annual MRI. I have promised myself not to stress about it, but don't think I am doing very well in that regard. Lorenzo, I know that you certainly know what this feels like since you've been going through it for a few years. And, of course, mom and dad, you both know from your own annual cancer follow ups. Intellectually, I know that the odds of anything growing back this soon are quite slim, but my emotions get away from me at times.

Well, keep fingers crossed that we don't get too much snow tonight and that my visit w/Dr. Roland goes off as planned!

1 comment:

  1. So glad The Beast isn't stalking you and has shifted it's attention to something else. Poor cats. Hopefully it just emigrated to some other neighbourhood. I am SURE the treat of a baseball bat did the trick. No doubt about it.

    Bread sounds good. So. You haven't discovered the pleasures of Almost No Knead Bread? Ah. I have the recipe, but you can also find it on breadtopia.com Easiest bread ever, and very tasty. I've been baking it for a year now and haven't looked back.

    Recovery is like that. Sign of improvement, then it stops and it improves again. It's not a gradual thing, but more like stepped, I think. Well, you know that already.

    Ah, the MRIs. LOL Yes, only had about eight of them, or is it nine... I forget. Anxious moments, for sure. I very much doubt that anything would be amiss now for you. The thing with us ANers is that we already are the odd ones, the ones that are 'the very tiny chance' so, it's pretty normal to feel anxious. We've been there. lol We ARE that 1 in 60,000. But Debbi, you had surgery, they removed it, and it doesn't grow overnight. Relax. You'll do just great.

    Have a glass of Petite Syrah and some Taleggio with that bread.

    :)

    ReplyDelete