Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Two days until gluttony prevails ... only in America is it acceptable to have a holiday that is all about eating way more than we should! Well, in truth, if one gets back to the roots of the holiday, one can find many things to be thankful for ...

Meanwhile, back at the "ranch" ...

Phoebe isn't liking her antibiotics very much, but at least she is pretty easy to handle. I just pry open her little kitty lips and send a blast of liquid antibiotic zooming down her throat. Where upon she promptly vacates the area to fix her fur! Her tail is almost back to normal - did I mention that she did a half-gainer off the grandfather clock and bent her tail again?!

I saw my primary doc on Monday and he took a blood test so I will know by early next week whether I have the "fever" or not. He doesn't think I have it, and neither do I - but best to be safe and certain.

We are having a smallish gathering for Thanksgiving this year - only Willie's parents, sister, aunt Rosie and two cousins. I have surrendered to my new reality and have ordered pre-made food. Yes, I know my limits! Since Willie and I are leaving Friday morning for a getaway to the Connecticut shore, I don't want to be totally exhausted, so have decided to take the easy way out. Willie will cook the turkey (on the grill, of course) and everything else is coming pre-made, even the gravy! Aunt Rosie is bringing Italian pastries from Queens, so I know the meal will end very well indeed. There's not much in life that can't be improved by a good cannoli!

To all who may be reading this, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter what country you hail from!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!! Good move on ordering the dinner out! WE are going to my brother's so I will just "help" prepare the meal on Thursday-we will leave ASAP when Dave gets off work. He is out of days since he used them all for my T3 surgery last March. You'd think they'd cut him some slack since he worked from there EVERY day!! Happy Turkey Day!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Turkey Day here, only at Christmas, then it's a free for all, Turkey and Ham and trimmings and pannettone and drink drink drink and sweets and and... burb, scushme. America is NOT the only place where people celebrate by mass culling and eating of a big bird and a few pigs. Yikes. We'll keep it small, two of us, turkey breast and a panettone. No cannoli to b ehad in this country, sigh.

    Phoebe did it again? You sure she doesn't have an AN?

    As for meds, we used to have to wrap our male cat in a backpack, tie the strings around his neck without strangling him, and only then try to loose a finger by inserting pills in his throat. Deep down, or he'll spew them up again, with a hiss. Then loosen the backback, outdoors. he would usually return after an hour. That was fun! haven't had a cat (or anything else) since him! We called The Cat.

    Have a great TG day and enjoy the break!! :)

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete