Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm Back

So, when I last blogged, I thought I had passed through the epi-center of a little cold -wrong! I really went down for the count last week - first cold since my surgery - not fun. Willie finally made me go to the doctor on Saturday and she confirmed that I had a viral infection. Not to be indelicate, but I believe I may have cornered the world market on mucus. Today, I am finally feeling human again and the snorting, hacking, wheezing and sneezing seems to be subsiding.

And I must share a little lesson I learned - when one is deaf in one ear and ones blows ones nose too vigorously, one is nearly deaf in the other ear, too! Quite startling, to say the least. And, fortunately, temporary.

Having spent much of last week in bed, I am totally in the weeds this week and have some major catching up to do. I am also doing a live webex presentation tonight for a group of coaches/consultants in Australia (where it will be tomorrow morning for them.) So, one of the things I must do today is go through my presentation and make sure that I am totally engaging and interesting for an hour tonight. No pressure.

Tomorrow I am going for my now-annual hearing test with the ENT who initially diagnosed my Acoustic Neuroma. I wonder if they'll give me 50% off on the hearing test since they only need to test my left ear? I find myself being extremely protective of my "good" ear now - I am so aware that if I lose hearing in my left ear, I don't have a fall-back ear. So, that being said, I guess I am a wee bit nervous about tomorrow's test. Only the SSD probably fully understand this.

Well, off to get some fee-paying work done - will update tomorrow with results of audiology test.

1 comment:

  1. No you didn't, I did! Free flow, 24/7 for two weeks. Ha! Considering it for the Guinness Book of Records.

    As for blowing one's nose and being temporarily deaf, swallowing and flying does the same thing for me. Lovely. Who needs ear plugs!

    Mind that ear. Protect it from sudden loud noises, but make sure you don't use ear plugs too often. That's equally bad. Good luck with the test! I know the slightly anxious moments before it.

    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete