Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ENT Visit

So, off I went to the ENT this morning all prepped for my hearing exam, only to learn that they'd only scheduled me for the office visit, not the hearing test! So, back next Monday to have my ear checked. Did have a nice visit with Dr. Galleos - he initially diagnosed my acoustic neuroma, so he will forever have a special spot in my heart. As long as I was there, I had him look in my nose (lucky guy) only to have him confirm what my PC said - yep, you've got a viral infection and only time will really help. Oh well.

I did my big guerrilla marketing presentation via live web-ex to Australia last night - had a great time and was well received. I had a glass of lemon and honey that I sipped on the entire time and was able to stave off the horrendous hacking until the hour was over. Then, I hacked and blew for at least an hour. Makes Willie so nervous. He is afraid I am going to blow myself right into a CSF leak - I noticed him surreptitiously checking my head last night to make sure nothing was leaking! (yes, honey, I saw you.)

So, that's the rather anti-climatic report from the ENT. Status on the mucus front is unchanged, but there is some cautious optimism.

Debbi, signing off....

11 comments:

  1. Is Willie a plumber? :)

    Reading that, and thinking, it strikes me just how weird and hilarious our AN world really is! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - "weird and hilarious" is one way to describe our world! Once, after surgery, while still in the hospital I started laughing hard (more like convulsing), and my huband became very concerned and I asked later why, and he said he was afraid I was going to spring a leak...Hope the hacking subsides. Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to come out of CK and I had 'onion bag face', the pattern of the face mask being imprinted on it!

    No leaks for CKers, that I know of. But I loved the sudden change in colours right after each session, from beetroot red to blanched almond. It was dramatic and alarming, and oh so funny!

    Oh, and the other hilarious thing was the outrage by some non-ANers when I started making funny jokes. 'One lump or two' being my preferred. Espresso anyone?

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to come out of CK and I had 'onion bag face', the pattern of the face mask being imprinted on it!

    No leaks for CKers, that I know of. But I loved the sudden change in colours right after each session, from beetroot red to blanched almond. It was dramatic and alarming, and oh so funny!

    Oh, and the other hilarious thing was the outrage by some non-ANers when I started making funny jokes. 'One lump or two' being my preferred. Espresso anyone?

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one lump pease, if we must- I actually prefer a french press, unadulterated!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an espresso guy myself, less caffeine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, you guys are too funny! Well, I'll take NO lumps, please! And, make mine a green tea. Jules, Lorenzo is currently eating and drinking his way through the south of France ... just thought I'd mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eh ben oui, c'est vrais, en est en France! :)

    Espresso here is good (no lumps for me, just straight), wine (one glass) sends me to sleep beyond my usual 4.30 am, food is good, weather is 14C, sun is out, sea looks great, art galleries & museums are many and interesting, photo opps are numerous... What a life!

    salut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. impossible. Too complicated to become me, and anyway, I assure you, you wouldn't want my head nor brain. Remember, I still have my lump! :)

    But you could aim to be me in terms of life and work. Decided a long time ago to work to live, and living for us is travel and seeing things.

    Santé!

    Lorenzo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm. You make a good point about the lump. All I have are some "nubs" of lump, so I guess I'll just continue to be me. I will, however, aspire to travel like you and your wife do!

    ReplyDelete