Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frigid Days

Me again. It's been a busy week - finally decided to get off my butt and start seriously figuring out web 2.0 for my business. And, as with all things on the internet, one path leads to another, and another, and another... But, I am learning SO much! I submitted an article to ezine articles this week about the coaching lessons I've learned from my brain tumor, and started a coaching blog on the same topic. If interested the article is at http://ezinearticles.com/?id=1876243 and the blog is at http://coachdebbi.wordpress.com

And, of course, we are having record cold temps here in the NYC metro area -we awoke to a brisk 5 below 0 this morning (okay, I mean it - you stop laughing this instant, mom and dad!). Thank goodness it is Willie's job to walk Carrie in the mornings!

Tomorrow we are heading into the City - hopefully it will warm up at least a little. We're meeting a friend of Willie's for a quick visit in the afternoon (one of his racing buddies) and then meeting Nance and Phil (Nance is a fellow acoustic neuroma buddy, same surgeons) at their apartment in the Village for a glass of wine. Willie and I will grab some pasta somewhere in the Village after that, then return to our room at the Alex (compliments of my friend Mary Lou who is the manager there!). Monday, we head out to West Islip for my Neuro Muscular Facial Retraining (now do you see why they just call it NMFR?) visit. Kind of looking forward to getting the next step underway.

I'll post again after the appointment to let you all know how it went.

Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Found the blog already and well worth it! Interesting. And congratulations on the article.

    One ting I found out when dealing with this AN is just how kind and compassionate some total strangers can be, and how easy it is to make friends, and good friends. The sort of close friends that hang around for a good while and are an incredible support. Making friends through adversity? Who knew.

    Have fun today.

    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Lorenzo - and I count you among those friends. So many people I would never have met otherwise. Makes me think that maybe there is a grand plan in the universe for all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about the grand plan. But whatever it is, human nature, coincidence, or grand plan, it certainly worked out in a most unexpected way! I also thank the net for it. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am now with this AN. And, I would certainly not have good friends like you. :)

    ReplyDelete