Thursday, September 18, 2008

I did it!


I didn't fall, spit, or slur!! It was a completely successful workshop and I maintained a good energy level for the entire 6+ hours. I even survived the sandwiches for lunch - I desconstructed mine and ate it with a fork! Ha - more than one way to eat a tuna salad. I feel very pleased with myself and have already been asked to hold a date for this group's next event. Wahoo. To celebrate, Willie brought home a veggie pizza - cook's night off. I also had Willie take an update picture of my face. It is still going way too slowly for me, but at least I see improvement. I wonder how much of my smile will come back eventually.


Lorenzo and Kay - thanks so much for your kind words of support! Kay, when does your eye weight come out? And, btw, LOVED the pics on your blog about dancing in the rain!


4 comments:

  1. Deb~
    Glad everything went well - I knew you'd do GREAT!! Your picture is AWESOME! Addi came in & asked what had happened to you & I told her you had an AN like me. She said, "She looks really great!" Obviously she thought you look a lot better than me, but she is old enough now that she didn't say that!! LOL!!! I go for pre-op this morning and then surgery Tuesday morning. This is a new doc & he uses a surgery center and IV sedation (I will be awake) - I don't think I need all that but oh well! I think he has a good game plan and that I am in good hands! Thanks for asking! Enjoy your trip!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: wonderful! All of it, sandwich, workshop, photo. Great. What shoes did you wear? Just curious, Imelda.

    Good going Debbi! :) Of course, I'm not surprised at all at how well it all went. Knew it wuld be fine.

    Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at that great crease from your nose to your mouth!!!!!! I didn't get that until 5-6 months post op. You are looking great!
    ANGIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbi,

    I LOVE your photo. You are looking terrific!!!! I see the progress.

    Take care,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete