Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the Land of Pinot Noir








Checking in from Oregon's Willamette Valley, home of world class pinot noir - and also of my mom and dad! Willie and I have been here since Saturday, enjoying the lovely cool fall weather and the rolling hills of endless vineyards. Of interest to oenophiles - the Dundee Hills in the Willamette Valley grow pinots second only to the great Burgundy region of France. Take that, Napa Valley!






I've been tottering about with my faithful human cane, Willie, and having a wonderful time. Getting weird little headaches which I will discuss with Dr. Roland when I see him on the 6th - for now, I'm just enjoying the vacation!






And because a picture is worth a thousand words, here are some to enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. now THAT is my kind of holiday! Going to head up that way at some stage, for sure. :) Glad you're having such a great time. Good.

    Headaches? could they be healing related, as in nerves growing? Or are they weather changes related, like mine are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headaches started about 3 weeks ago and they only last for 5-10 minutes. Weird.

    This is definitely a wonderful area for wine lovers. The vintners here are very serious about their wine making, yet willing to share. And, some of the pinots are indeed world class. They also do unoaked chards and pinot gris as well as a few spots of reisling and guertzaminer. Mostly Pinots,though - lovely for we red lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have micro headaches, and stabbing sort of pains in my ear. Those would last a few seconds, and the headaches used to vanish very quickly. Mention it to your doc? Mine I think were caused by my tumour swelling after CK and nerves settling. Who knows.

    I'm going to that area next year, well, Seattle / Portland area really. Must look into the wine region and see how far it is. :) Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous - it looks beautiful there! Glad you are enjoying a much needed vacation!

    K

    ReplyDelete