Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How Debbi Got Her Blink Back

Okay, well maybe not entirely...


Over the weekend, I decided that I had given up too early on the opthamologist and that I shouldn't have stopped with the first one. So, I did some online research and, at about 5 pm, sent an email to a local guy who looked like he had a lot of experience with eyes. I specifically said I was looking for someone who had experience with Blinkeze External eye weights. Lo and behold, he emailed me back at about 8:45 PM (who does he think he is - a neurosurgeon or something???)


Fast forward, we exchanged several emails, and I called first thing yesterday to make an appointment. Saw Dr. Leigner this morning and got "fitted" for an eyelid weight (1.2 mm for those who need details). They are placing the order today and I am hopeful that I'll have the weight and the accompanying adhesive strips by Friday. Wahoo!!!


And for those who would like more info, here's the webpage describing the Blinkeze, along with a photo. http://www.meddev-corp.com/1%20product/Eyelid%20Closure%20Products/External%20Weights.2.htm


Meanwhile, I have taken on the Bosu Ball again and offer this picture as proof that I am conquering the ball. Note that about 1 second after this picture was taken (and thanks to Kura for being a superlative photographer), I jumped from the ball (okay, maybe toppled is more accurate...).



Hopefully the next picture will be of my Blinkeze...


No comments:

Post a Comment