Monday, July 21, 2008

An Eventful Weekend

So, because getting the Blinkeze wasn't enough excitement for one week...


I met up with some of my new AN friends in NYC on Saturday, and made the trip all by myself! (I forced Willie to go racing with the HeMen this weekend, wonderful wife that I am...)


So, bright and early Saturday, I set out on the 40 minute drive to the train station, followed by the 99 minute train ride into Penn Station. I must say that I was having a very good day in terms of balance, which made the whole adventure much easier. Penn Station was mobbed when I arrived, but I navigated through without mishap and headed to the Heartland Brewery to meet Eve, Wendy and Joe.


We spent a completely fun 3 hours talking and laughing - and continually asking each other to repeat themselves because we are all either SSD or very nearly SSD. It was actually pretty comical. I showed off my Blinkeze and Eve showed off her TransEar so it was a good educational experience as well as being just plain fun!


Return trip home was also uneventful and I didn't even feel completely exhausted ... until the next day. Sunday was a big nap day. However, before napping, I headed out with my neighbors, Wolfgang and Janet, to go visit our wine up at the Westfall Winery. We racked the wine (basically moving it from the oak so that we could clean the barrel). We also tasted, of course, and I am happy to report that it already tastes surprisingly good after only 2 months in the barrell.


Meanwhile, Willie finished 5th in class in his race, and is now out at Poconos for the day instructing wanna-be race car drivers. Since Willie's not the calmest of passengers, I can only imagine the butt-clenching and silent screams...


Off to see Dr. Roland this Thursday. I am going to practice my three little facial movements so that I can show them off to him when we get there... Ha!


More later...


2 comments:

  1. hang on, hang on there, you're saying 'your wine'; where, what, when? You didn't say you're making wine! He races car, she makes wine. Brilliant! I'm impressed. I think I'll go and make bread now, just so I can feel a bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! Sounds like you are doing GREAT! I was in Baltimore (I will write an update on the ANA site) and then have had HORRIBLE DSL problems & just now got my service restored. That was a NIGHTMARE! Anyway, glad you are doing so well & that the Blinkeze is working for you!
    K

    ReplyDelete