Saturday, December 18, 2010

Under the Category of "I need to get a life..."

So, it's been a month since I got the little rod in my skull and the little snap-like abutment on my head. I am happy to report that healing is moving along right on track. Kind of wish my head wasn't still numb, but I guess I am used to it at this point.

A couple of my baha friends had told me before I had the surgery that once the sight is somewhat heeled, it is lots of fun to brush one's fingers across the top of the abutment and be able to "hear" it. Yep, all true! Now, when I am bored by whatever is going on in my world, I just put my finger over the abutment and let 'er rip! It is freakishly cool. So if you happen to be sitting around with me and see me smiling for no good reason, just take a look and see if I've got a finger pressed to my head.

I also discovered another new noise sensation -- if I snap on the little white plastic "healing cap" it makes a really cool sound as it snaps on the abutment.

Jeez, I really DO need to get a life, don't I?

1 comment:

  1. 'sounds' to me like you DO have a life! ;)

    ReplyDelete