Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Revenge of the Pirate Lobsters

Okay, so I have been thinking back on our cruise and specifically the part about the lobster line becoming entangled in the propeller of our massive ship. And, yes, I have determined that it seems pretty far-fetched; one could even say "sketchy." Here is what is making me suspicious ...

Starting in Bar Harbor and continuing through Saint John and Halifax, we saw thousands of lobster buoys bobbing about in the water. Now, you need to understand that a single lobster trap can hold quite a few lobsters. When you do the math, you are looking and thousands upon thousands of lobsters getting scooped up out of their comfortable, cozy ocean and ending up on someone's plate. Frankly, if I was a lobster I would be plenty pissed about this.

And, in fact, I might rally some of my lobster brethren and launch a counter strike. Think about it ... what could be better than crippling a massive ocean liner!!?? The ultimate lobster terrorist strike! I picture a gang of lobster-pirates (little eye patches in place) carefully placing the lobster line all around the blades of the propeller while our ship was resting peacefully at the dock in Halifax. You know, they have very handy and dexterous claws, so this isn't at all far-fetched. Hey, the line didn't seem to be on the ship when we sailed into Halifax, now did it?? How else to you suppose it got there? Ha.

It is only by sheer luck that we didn't go down. I'm sure of it! We thwarted those crafty little lobsters, by only by the skin of our teeth (as it were). I caution vigilance if you are traveling to lobster areas. You never know what those sneaky little bastards will get up to next! They've got those periscope eyes you know...

BEWARE!!!

2 comments: