Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching Up

Well, this is the longest I've every gone with no update - shame on me! In fairness, though, I've been busy and the business has resulted in a head-on collision with fatigue (something I thought I'd left behind...)



The weekend before July 4th, we bought Willie a slighly used Mercedes CLK (which involved about 3 1/2 hours at the dealership - whew. We also had a great visit with our friends Soraya and Ilya and their beautiful adopted daughter, Mila. (And their two four-legged family members, Bart and Laska.)



We had a wonderful July 4th weekend which started with a visit from our nephew who is home from Iraq for a few weeks - along with he girlfriend Amanda, who we also love! The Bifulco clan descended and there was a lot of food and noise - a full body Italian event! We finished the weekend with a visit to the winery to figure out what blending percentages we want to use on our wine (which will be bottled in late August!!)



And while this was all loads of fun, I am afraid that it did take its toll on me. This is the first time in months I've felt completely fatigued. For those you you who don't know what this feels like, let me just tell you that it is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It is not the same as being tired - it's more like your entire body feels like it can't muster the effort to move. Really crappy. Anyway, I am feeling about back to normal now. And, I know that I still have physical limits - which I suppose is good.

For me, the danger zone is environments where I have a lot of auditory and visual stimulation and need to be interactive. To all intents and purposes, I don't have usable sight in my right eye (because I have to keep it heavily lubricated at all times which causes my vision to just be one great big blur) and of course I am completely deaf in my right ear. And, when I am in hi-sensory input situations, I think my brain just gets worn out trying to process everything with only half the tools. That's my best guess, anyway. Hm.


Ah yes, brain tumors - the gift that keeps on giving...

2 comments:

  1. I think this is how my whole life is everyday...:o)

    Keep smiling!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I just got back from New Orleans/French Quarters with my two boys and Mom and yes...........it just about did me in. Too much noise, too many lights, too many people. When I got back home I just crawled into bed and crashed............I'm still tired. The extra work that I have to put forth with trying to hear, with trying to see good, with trying to blink, with trying to smile and work my face PLUS everything else going on around me was just too much and I feel like I have ran a 3 day race without any sleep. I'm 38 and feel 78 right now.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete