Monday, July 20, 2009

Countdown Begins...

So, only four weeks until the Acoustic Neuroma Symposium in Chicago and I am getting excited! For me, the symposium represents, in equal parts, social stuff and educational stuff. Since I no longer have a need to know what my "treatment options" are (LOL) I'll just skip those sessions - and that is where the socializing comes into play! There is quite a contingent from the Acoustic Neuroma Forum headed to the symposium including many who given me so much support over the last nearly 1 1/2 years - and I can't wait to meet them all.

From an educational standpoint, I am looking forward to attending some of the sessions on hearing loss and facial and balance issues. Even though my recovery has been quite good on all levels (well, not withstanding the deafness thing...), I do have a few ongoing challenges with face and balance, so it will be good to hear what the experts have to say. And, equally good to hear what some of my fellow patients have experienced!

Kay, can't wait to meet you in person - got a big hug for you! Lorenzo, are you SURE you can't make it to Chicago? This really won't be a full on party without you. I'll bring the Prosecco...

Okay, now it is time for me to get back to work. More later...

3 comments:

  1. we are going to PARTY!!! can't wait to get that hug!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no party for me! :( Wouldn't be able to go anyway, to much stuff going on right now. NExt time maybe, who knows... Have a great time! Drink that prosecco and have fun. Salute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just discovered in Kay's blog she is flying to this year's AN symposium in Chicago! oh great!!
    you are meeting you all there! that is gonna be a great time!
    safe trip! and have fun together!
    x

    ReplyDelete