Saturday, April 17, 2010

Speaking About Acoustic Neuromas

Tomorrow I am off to Summit, NJ to attend the Acoustic Neuroma Assn of New Jersey's meeting. I am have also been asked to be on their patient panel to speak about facial and eye issues. So, today, I'm doing a little prep work and gathing together some props.

Props, you say? Yep, props. Since dry eye is such a problem for so many post treatment patients, I thought I'd bring along some samples of various things I've used: eye gel drops and ointment, eye cleanser, sleep mask lined with Glad Press 'n' Seal, onion goggles (pink), and Fit-over sunglasses. I plan to pop the pink onion goggles on at some point during the talk, just to get a laugh. Personally, I think the goggles are hilarious and I still giggle when I put them on. Should be fun, and hopefully people will find it useful.

Following the general meeting, I am also also attending my first board meeting as the newest member of the Board of Directors! Really looking forward to it.

Have had a fun week with my parents, who rolled into town on Monday in their motorhome. They're parked on our driveway extension and have been busy improving our property. So far, they've stained our deck (which REALLY needed it!), pruned a bunch of bushes, taken down the deer fencing, de-spidered the garage doors, and a host of other things that we never seem to get time to do. In return, I've been baking them bread and providing hot meals! Really fun having them here, and hope they hang around for awhile.

Good times...

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds like a great time!!!! Wonderful. Glad you'r having such a great time with your parents. Now, explain: member of the board of directors??? Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete