Saturday, March 6, 2010

Eye See You

One of the isometric exercises Jackie has me doing is to slowly close me eyes and keep them closed for a minute. The idea is not to have anything else on my face moving while I do this (the chin and cheek are really anxious to join in on the action.) Also, I need to try to make sure my right eye is all the way closed. (For a couple of months it hasn't been consistently closing completely - leaving a little sliver of white.)

Now, as you might imagine, it is pretty hard to know if your face is completely at rest and your eye is all the way closed when you have your eyes closed. You see the problem? So, the other night while we were laying in bed, I asked Willie to check me while I maintained the eye closure. His job was to make sure there were no inappropriate dimples or and to see if my eye closed all the way. So, I lay there, eyes closed, waiting. And, waiting.

Finally I opened my eyes only to find Willie's eye about an inch from mine! I had no idea he was that close and it really startled me, to say the least. It was just hilarious. We both started giggling and couldn't stop. Which abruptly ended my eye-closure exercise since I couldn't stop laughing long enough to close my eyes. What would we do without these little moments of levity?

1 comment:

  1. see? Men are useful! Just as well he isn't another ANer like me, he would have been asleep while staring at you. LOL I love funny moments like that.

    ReplyDelete