Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things I Didn't Hear...

Ah, the joys of being single side deaf! Directionality is, of course, one of the bigger challenges. We all have stories of running all over the place trying to identify the source of a ring or beep. If anyone were watching us do this, they'd be doubled over in laughter. In my case, I am usually muttering to myself while running...

Last night I was watching TV when I heard one of our cell phones ringing. I quickly muted the TV and the damned cell phone quit ringing (before I could locate it of course). About 10 minutes later, the cell phone started ringing again, and again I muted the TV - no ringing. Hm. Yep, it was a cell phone on the TV the whole time. Duh.

This morning I am sitting in my office quietly working while the young lady who cleans for us is making the house sparkly. The cats always get freaked out by the sound of the vacuum, so they are hiding under the bed in the spare bedroom (directly upstairs from my office.) Now, the cats are still in a state of semi-Jihad withe each other, so when I heard a growling noise, I quickly headed upstairs. It wasn't until I was halfway up that I realized it was my stomach that was growling. No kidding. Do you think I could make this stuff up????

3 comments:

  1. And here I was under the illusion that I was unique in that stomach thing. I'm gutted.

    Ok, sorry, been a long day in front of a computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, would it only be kind of a fellow SSD person to giggle outloud when she reads this?

    It drives us crazy, but that is one post I completely understand and it made me giggle (knowing it's not just me......and to think, I'm only 9 weeks new to this SSD stuff).

    Happy New Year!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kill me...i'm giggling out loud to the computer!

    ReplyDelete