Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Direction

So, the whole board of directors thing didn't work out, for a number of reasons. And, rather than feeling disappointed, I actually feel strangely relieved. Surprising, right? I truly believe, though, that all things happen for a reason. And, this clears the way for me to stop procrastinating about writing a book. I now have NO excuses! So, this week, I started the book outline - gosh, I feel so professional!

I am going to use my own experience in dealing with this life-changing event to write a book that I hope will help other people survive their own life changing medical events. Kind of a survival manual. I want to inject as much humor as possible into it, while providing some practical advice as well. Haven't found the right title just yet, but am working on a list of ideas. If you have any suggestions, please share them!! I'm all ears (okay, in actual fact I am ONE ear, but you get the idea.)

1 comment:

  1. Well. I am sorry it work out with the ANA, but I am a HUGE believer in things happen for a reason! How exciting about the book - I've said for 14 years now that I was going to write a children's book about a 1st grade teacher that got a brain tumor but never have...my guess would be that is not going to happen! Happy writing! I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete