Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bobble Head

Or, as some have called it - wonky head. Whatever you call it, I've had it for the last two days. It's freaky and kinda fun all at once. Okay, I may be exaggerating on the "fun" part, but still ...

So what exactly is wonky or bobble head, you ask? It is when you feel like you have a giant wet ball of cotton in your head. As a result of having this mass of cotton where your brain should be, your head feels like it might roll off your neck at any moment. And, because no amusement ride would be complete without sound effects ... there is a whooshing sound in my deaf ear when my heart beats. Yeah, I know - it's impossible for me to hear when I am totally deaf on that side. You're just gonna have to trust me on this.

Yesterday I was a bit unnerved by the whole thing - that would be the freaky part. But today, I kind of got a kick out of the bouncy head feeling - that would be the fun part. However, I think I'm over it now. I am hoping to wake up tomorrow with cottonless head!

6 comments:

  1. Bobble head, wonky head, fuzzy brain, wobbler, yup... very familiar. It's great non? We can play stupid and get away with it! Serves me well at many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it is a good reason to bail when things get to crazy and noisy. I have gotten good at retreating to my room where it is quiet and serene.
    I am happy to report that the big cotton glob in my head seems to be gone and it no longer feels like my head is going to topple off my neck. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, headless Debbie would be rather a sad sight... We wouldn't want to loose your smile!
    Yes, the excuse of an AN keeps on working, even after years! THE best excuse. Wonky head got me out of many few unwanted situations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of "Night of the Living Dead" maybe we can do a movie called "Day of the Wonky Head"... starring Kay, Lorenzo, Lori, Debbi and many more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a good thought, Debbi!! :o)

    ReplyDelete