Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Week From Hell

Why is is that the week leading up to any vacation is sheer hell? I've been busting my butt trying to get a HUGE project done before leave this Friday. On top of that, my hormones (cover your ears) have chosen this week to mount an attack on the host body (that'd be me). And, not to be outdone, my face has decided to be more difficult than usual (complete with droopy eye) and my balance ... well, what can you ever say about that?

I'm off to see my doctor this afternoon to see about a temporary fix for the hormonal rages; meanwhile, have started going out for a very brisk walk in the woods every day. We have some wonderful wooded parkland near us, with lots of trails and meadows. Today, I threw in a little mid-walk yoga - picture this ... tree lined pasture, lake in the distance, flock of wild geese rustling about in the tree line, peace, quiet, serenity, me doing a perfect sun-salute, getting ready for a near-perfect warrior pose. When - VRROOMM. A friggin' lawn mower/tractor lurches into my pristine moment!!! Great. Impossible to execute a flawless downward dog while sticking a finger in one ear to block the zillion decibel noise. Hrmph. Little did the guy driving the thing now how close to death he actually was - imagine engaging a middle-aged, hormone crazed woman out in the wild with no witnesses. Lucky bastard.

Friday, whether the work is done or not, we are boarding Continential Airlines and heading to the Windy City! Flurries of emails have been flying back and forth amonst the ANers whilst we decide what to wear, where to meet, what to see, etc. And I am trying to see if Willie and I can squeeze in a dinner at Frontera Grill - one of the all-time world class restaurants. Rick Bayless is one of the great American chefs and his food is sheer joy.

Well, back to work...

2 comments:

  1. OK, you hormone crazed woman - I had to laugh out loud at that!! Come time to get on the plane...nothing else matters!! When will you be returning??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO glad I'm not going to the windy city! Meeting a hormonal femal in full flight might have been a little scary. No thank you. Mind you, Bayless would have been so good... Another time. have fun you two!

    ReplyDelete